Search Our Blog

Friday, February 1, 2013

Our first couple weeks...

Life is good, Life is so so good. I wanted to do a quick post about our first couple weeks at home as a family of four. The first week Parker was up at night every 1.5-2 hours, it takes me about 45 minutes to feed him with nursing, burping, and diaper changes. To say we were a little sleep deprived would be an understatement. After that first week he has been doing MUCH better, which is great when your 2 years old wakes up at 6:30 ready to start his day. Will still doesn't care too much about his brother, he asks where he is, will bring him a toy or binkie, but still doesn't want to hold him and is not a big fan of me nursing or pumping. I think he knows when I do these things it cuts into time with him, but for the most part they've done pretty well together.
The two hardest parts for me are mornings and nursing. In the morning I have to feed Parker, Luke has to shower, and Will gets up and needs attention/ diaper changed/ get dressed/ breakfast. We manage just fine but Luke and I sometimes take a backseat and get ourselves together later in the day. I dread going back to work for this reason. I have no idea how we will make it out of the house before 9 am much less make it out of the house at 7. Lets not think about that just yet.
The other hard part is nursing... not Parker, he's great, and my milk supply has been great too, actually too much for him! But the days I have both boys by myself it is hard to nurse and take care of/tend to Will. But again, were doing okay and for now no ones going hungry :) Just an adjustment period for all.
The first week was also filled with visitors, they have slowed down now and just trying to make time for the final ones. Everyone has been so generous with meals it has really helped out a ton, I plan to return the favor ten fold. You forget how much it helps to pop a meal in the oven, and how little time you have to prepare anything. Monday I took Parker out, I'm not supposed to take him to the mall or big places but we needed diapers, (small 150.00 diaper stop) I ran into bed bath and beyond and he accompanied me to get a pedicure. Successful day in my book!
I'm loving every minute off work and I have no idea how I'll make it back leaving TWO this time, I've actually started looking into some new options for Will too, preschool etc. More on that later.
Luke is still working from home for the most part besides meetings and appointments. Its going good, great actually because if I do need him for a minute or two, he's usually just downstairs.
I'm sending Will to his sitter, trying for just two days a week while I'm off, I had to keep paying to hold my spot, and I also think its good for him to get out and play with his friends.
So for now, all is calm on the home front. Yes some days I feel like I'm nursing and changing diapers for two kids all... day... long. But I wouldn't change a minute of it for a single thing in the world. Loving these two boys and my sweet little family of four.
Silly boy with papa jim

 Great Grandma and Grandpa come visit, (lukes dads parents)
 Ashley Leslie and I, such a fun afternoon!
 My three boys chillin together
Parkers first photo shoot, I love taking the "behind the scenes" shot
Cousin Peyton comes to visit!

 First Bath!

My clean little froggy

 monthly photo time!

1 comment:

  1. So glad everything seems to be going smoothly for you! I know that is a huge could have been chaos..which is what I am expecting haha!