Search Our Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

38/39 weeks and our last weekend!

UGH I'm so mad... I had this whole nice blog post written out yesterday and I came back to my computer at work and the internet had crashed saving nothing. I guess that's what happens when you have 10+ windows open at once. I was too annoyed to even want to write anything else but I would like to look back on this someday so here it goes.... and if this is all I get done on my last day of work, so be it. Kidding... obviously.

Friday, January 11, 2013, 38.5 weeks pregnant I took the day off work and spent the morning at the park with Will. Yes in January, yes it was awesome and much needed for my two year old. Then I spent the afternoon at the doctor. It was my regular check up, I had gained two pounds in a week (I was actually happy about this given the no gain the week before, ttl gain now 19 pounds) and I opted for a non stress test to make sure my sweet baby boy was doing okay in there. After about 40 minutes on the machine we came to one conclusion I in fact was contracting very regularly, and he was handling the contractions and everything just fine. I went on to tell my doctor how "done" I was, the aches and pains, the stress of the unknowns, and the needing a plan for Will. I admitted to her I knew I was a crazy mom but with more tears in my eyes I think we both knew what I needed....an end date. I didn't know if they would make me go till 40 weeks, but thank the lord this new doctor is my kinda gal. She stripped my membranes, said I was 2 cm & 50% with a very favorable cervix, and scheduled me for an induction this Wednesday or Thursday. She went on to tell me she would be very surprised if I made it this long given the contractions and the way things were looking, but for me just having a date and a plan, I was overjoyed. Overjoyed and also a bit emotional, Thursday the 17th is my grandma ad's birthday, I know from day one of this pregnancy she was up in heaven holding this sweet baby boy till he was ready to be sent to me and this just made it so much more real.

After 2+ hours at the doctor I was rushing to get home and got a speeding ticket, its my fault I speed all the time, but I was pissed. I was in a hurry because Luke had to leave, he had to go out of town for the weekend. We were not planning on him being gone for the last weekend but it was that or go in a couple weeks when I would have a newborn so it was the best choice for us. I was scared to be this prego and be at it alone with Will all weekend but it was actually a huge blessing. We got in some really good play time Friday night and Saturday morning. He was on his best behavior and I really couldn't of asked for more. By 11 am Saturday the contractions were strong and I was now shaking badly, to the point I couldn't text. I made Will an early lunch and plopped him in his seat with a show while I sat down and chugged some water. I didn't think this was "it" but I was also a little scared I think I over did it and my body was saying slooooow down. Not long later we were both asleep for naps and I was feeling better.
My mom had Will spend the night Saturday so I could go to dinner with some friends and sleep in. Dinner was great so good to get out and laugh, but sleeping in was ahhhhmazing! Then I got some more nesting, shopping, and preparing on my last weekend day before baby. By 4 pm my boys got home, and it hit me. This was our last quiet weekend night as a family of three. Boomer and Will were running around chasing like crazy, Luke and I made a yummy dinner, bath was given, and lots of snuggles were enjoyed.
coloring, he always has to have whatever color you want.
swinging at the park, this boy could swing for hours




riding his horsey from Gigi

The horsey having happy hour, soon it will be mommas turn!

my Friday night dinner date all veggies eaten none of anything else, typical William

sending sweet night night pictures to dada

All snuggled in on the couch with my boys

getting in a couple lil family date nights before our new baby joins us and this cold keeps us trapped inside!
I'm going to miss these sweet kicks!
I am so excited to meet my sweet baby boy, see his beautiful face, kiss him all over, and share his name with the world. I cant wait to see the pure love on Luke's face when he holds his second son for the first time and meets him face to face. And seeing Will run through the door to meet his baby brother is most likely going to be one of the best moments of my life. 

Baby boy,
 I feel like I've known you forever, I couldn't be more in love with you if I tried and I cant wait for you to join our sweet little family. It's a bit chaotic at times but it is full of love, care, and you will always have trusting parents and family to turn to.

39 weeks, my last day of work.

1 comment:

  1. OOOHHH I haven't gotten a speeding ticket in a long time. Knock on wood! Glad you have an end date and are not shaking anymore ;O)Loved all the pics!! So excited for you guys!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete